We pick up a 92 black coupe in the Dec,2001.
It'll go into upgrade step by step with photos.
This car will be build mainly for road race and street.
(Scroll down for photos and you can keep clicking on photo for enlargement)
1. Jan 16 2002 Whiteline front and rear sway bar added
Thank you Don www.pdm-racing.com for the special deal.
2. Jan 23 2002 SSR 16" MK2R added, but will be taken off when we do the 5 lug conversion.
3. Jan 28 2002 Silvia front end put on took about 1/2 a day and it was hard not having the right tools(Thank you Kyle for your help).
4. Jan 31 2002 Kg/mm S21 Race spring with Apexi T-Max shocks installed(camber plate will be install later with tension rod). (Thank you Cameron for your help)
Feedback: Awesome cornering, but damn there goes the ride
(gotta lose some to gain some)
5. Feb 2 2002 Alpine CD deck with Clarion front speaker and Nakamichi rear speacker install(cheap good quality system)
The entire parts cost $360 due to all the hook up we get(maybe we should sell car audio too).
Thank you Richard for your help.
6. Feb 14 2002 B&M shoft shifter installed by B&M themselve.
It's really solid and works very well, but makes alot of noise so they told me to go back and they'll give me another new version.
Feedback: very short throw a true racing shift kit, but not recommanded for street.
7. April 24 2002 Kstyle front fender installed, wow they are wide, also getting it ready for a paint job.
Thank you Cameron for your help.
8. May 1st 2002 Car was drop off to get a paint job done, Thank you Sunny for the paint job and carbon fiberhood.
9. July 15th 2002 Got the car back it's ITR yellow now(See photo), because this is a promotional car for Jspec yellow was picked(Sam's mom pick the color).
10. July 22nd 2002, 5 lug swap with Z brake, Front Cusco camber plate, Nismo Power bar2, East bear front tension rods, and all new Nismo front bushings.(see photo in the yellow car setcion below)
Thank you Cameron for your help.
Feedback: wow night and day difference on the front suspension set up, it handles way better, but also the car gotten more firm.
As for the brake upgrade, didn't feel the difference until I drove another stock s13 and also went to the track
then I realized bigger IS better(thinking about Skyline Brembo brake as next upgrade)
Oh, Skyline R32 gunmetal wheels were added to clear Z brakes.
11. July 24th 2002, Change the stock ugly uncomfortable seats to Skyline R33. My favorite seats next to Skyline R34's(almost $2k a pair). Also Skyline R32 steering wheel and Nismo GT shiftknob were added.
12. Aug. 17th 2002, Added factory Nissan Japan optional sideskirts, change to non projectors headlight with Tomei corner light cover for the Nisei show.
Thank you Ryan for your help.
13. Aug. 21th 2002, Added factory Nissan Japan rear valence.
14. Aug. 23rd 2002, can't stand how slow the car is so bought a 180 clip with SR. It's a red top(I wanted a black top), but it only has 49,xxxkm so I'm happy.
I'm also happy because it's a complete stock clip no mods at all, the only thing i found aftermarket was the brakepads.
15. Late Sept 2002, Got lazy and delay the swap until now,
took 3 week for the swap, but only work on it for 3 day during that 3 week.
16. Finish the swap on Oct 11th, the car fire right up without any problem(see photo below for steps)
17. Oct. 12th 2002, Took the car to Import Showoff in Del mar SD.
Friend of ours does Team Insight(a professional show crew) so we decide to show the car with them to help win the team showoff. It was very tiring, but good experience(meet alot of friends)
18. Dec. 11th 2002, put on the 17x9 Regamaster EVO, wow they are wide(+18offset), going to have PJ widen the fender a little.
19. Dec. 14th 2002, went to Importshowoff Classic, didn't win anything because when the judges came to judge the car we wern't around, but congratulation to jspec sponsored jdmrice's 180sx winning 1st place Nissan class.
20. Jan. 7th 2003, drop the car off to PJ Bonifacio(626)306-4595 for custom rear flares. PJ is famous for doing flares, he's not cheap so be prepare to pay alot, but if you want it done right the 1st time we recommand him.
One of our friend's benz was flare by another shop and it was really bad job so the car is over at PJ's getting it redone(ya he paid 2x to learn a lesson).
21. Jan. 20th 2003, 5 Zigen sponsored a set of Silver 17x9 +15 offset 5Zigen FNO1R-C for the drift event this car will be compete in. Go Zigen
22. Feb. 6th 2003, went to Chinatown Importshowoff classic won 3rd place Nissan class, congratulation to jspec sponsored jdmrice's 180sx winning 1st place Nissan class beating a 99 Skyline R34 GTR.
23. March 2nd 2003, went to the Falken Drift with the car.
Breden Lee from Hawaii was the driver of this car and he made it to the top 10 final(I think Top 5 also). Great driving Breden.
24. April 6th 2003, Ernie Fixmer took this car to the RSR drift competition and took home 3rd place, Congratulation Ernie!!! Sorry for the dead shock and major understeer.
25. May 20th 2003, Upgraded the coilovers to Tein HE(mostly due to price and availability), love the ride quality.
Also, got a Rocket exhaust from 5zigen WOW it sounds good(not recommand for street only with silencer)
26. May 25th 2003, Upgraded the stock VLSD to 2way Nismo LSD, what a difference it makes and yes it is noisy so if you are the picky type don't get clutch type LSD.
27. June 15th 2003, Ernie Fixmer took the car again to the D1 driver search and made it into the D1 competition in Aug.
A job well done Erine, Let see what he can do with our project s145(433 rwhp on 91oct gas).